Drivers must maintain their vehicles to the highest standards of interior and exterior cleanliness in compliance with the Company’s Cleaning Code. The following actions are to be carried out either during or at the end of every duty, hire, tour or other driving event:
- Vehicle to be refuelled
- Vehicle mileage to be accurately entered into the fuel pump system
- All rubbish to be bagged and removed to the waste skips
- All rubbish to be removed from the driver’s area
- Drivers area and dash to be cleaned
- Overhead racks cleared of rubbish
- Seat belts to be untangled / untwisted and connected together
- Footrests lifted
- Reclining seats returned to upright position
- Curtains hooked up and blinds retracted
- Interior floor to be swept including middle stairs
- Interior floor to be mopped
- Coach exteriors must be washed with a brush and soap.
- Windows to be cleaned
- At least once a month vehicle exteriors to be waxed.
- Tour Coaches -toilet ‘dropped’, cleaned inside and recharged (toilets to be kept locked if not on an executive hire).
- Replace all cleaning equipment tidily in the yard and store
- Park vehicle away tidily within the marked bays in the parking compound. Do NOT leave vehicles unattended at the fueling point or on the washing bay.
- The vehicle defect sheet, even if no defects, must be completed
- If a defect needs to be attended to as a matter of urgency ready for the use of vehicle on the following day then contact the on-call manager immediately.
- Any lost property to be labelled with the date, driver and group name (use luggage labels from the office) and handed in to the office. If the office is closed leave it in the drivers’ ‘corridor’.
- Yard to be kept tidy. Each vehicle should be equipped with a cleaning kit.
When away from base e.g. Tours
- Vehicles must be cleaned daily i.e. brushed and mopped and generally kept in pristine condition.
- The vehicle must be cleaned outside during the tour.
- The toilet must be kept clean at all times.
- Curtains to be re-hooked, reclining seats returned to upright position and seatbelts connected daily.
- Plastic bags to be used as litter bins should be emptied at each stop.
- Same procedure as a daily hire to be undertaken when returning to base after a tour.
- Cleaning Materials and Equipment to be kept topped up.
NB: Please ask for any cleaning materials and equipment you may require in order to keep the vehicles in pristine condition.